Monday, April 2, 2012

Fable - Fable 1973 - Vinyl Rip


I am going to repost some of my earlier blogs with new links starting with this vinyl rip of Pete Goalby's first band "Fable"


THIS IS MY OWN VINYL RIP
Liner Notes


FABLE - A BAND OF TODAY

Two or three months before this Album was made, a friend of mine rang to say that he had seen a group he thought I might be interested in. A tape of their songs was sent to me and immediately I was impressed not only with the bands writing talent , but also with their arrangements and musicianship. The group was 'of course' Fable. I was even more impressed when I saw them live; their sound separation was excellent and communication with the audience was immediate, all due to their superb stage presentation.
Having suffered for so long the era of the "35 minute riff groups" It was refreshing for me to hear a band with such a professional approach. The variety in their music makes this Album, in my opinion, a very listen able one indeed and for a band who have only recently formed there is little doubt their best is yet to come.
Every member of Fable has the ability to be a "Star" musician in their own right but because of each ones awareness to contribute to the overall sound,the music never becomes cluttered or colourless

Peter Shelley 1973



The Band
Peter Goalby - Lead Vocals, Guitar, Mandolin, Continental Violin
Paul Robbins - Organ, Piano, Guitar, Slide Guitar, Vocals, Mandolin, Recorder
Peter Mackie - Bass, Vocals
Keith Tully - Drums, L.A. percussion
Mac Bailey - Lead Guitar


Tracks:
01: See My Face(2.53) Goalby
02: She Knows How To Love Me(3.40) Goalby/Robbins
03: Same Key(3.28) Goalby/Robbins
04: Four Horsemen(3.17) Tully/Robbins
05: Speak Your Mind(4.05) Goalby
06: Hard Life(3.20) Robbins
07: Madolin(2.48) Goalby
08: Thick As A Plank(2.11) Goalby/Robbins
09: Google Eye Eye(2.27) Goalby
10: Old Queen (2.55) Goalby

18 comments:

  1. THANKS FOR THIS, WAIT THE LINK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EDUARDO , I know you've been after this album for a while. I only hope it lives up to your expectations I too have been after it for years and it was well worth the wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALLRIGHT, MY DEAR FRIEN GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILLY.

    I JUST LOVE URIAH HEEP AND SIMILARS.
    THANKS!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!
    ONE MILLION THANKS!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE GUNHILL-ONE OVER EIGHT
    NIGHTHEAT.
    AND DEMOS , UNRELEASEADS....ETC,ETC,ETC.
    THE BEST BLOG OF WORLD!!!!!!!!!!
    EDUARDO/BRAZIL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have those gunhill albums and will post them in the next couple of weeks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for this amazing record. Without this blog i can never know this superb music, so one million thanks by me too
    P.S. I am italian, so excuse for my bad english.
    Roby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment Roby.
    Glad you are enjoying the music

    P.S. Your English is excellent

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks indeed for posting such amazingly rare records!

    Could you please tell me whether you have the following album:
    Toni Rawland - "Unfolding" 2008

    It's almost impossible to find it here in Russia, so your opinion (at least) would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ivan

    Thanks for the comment
    I dont have that album at the moment but it is on my (ever increasing) wishlist
    So at some piont ,hopefully i can "oblige"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for leaving this link at "robots" blog!
    I finally can load this album now.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would it be possible for you to upload this on mediafire please, thanks, lot easier to work with

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Abominogjnr ! The LP sounds interesting. I like it !!

    THANK YOU !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stuff, saw this band in 73 and bought the debut album, no longer have it thanks to you can now hear it again great and thanks from an old rocker,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You
      It's comments like yours that bring a smile to my face. If i make only one person happy with each of my posts it's been a job well done

      Delete
  13. You really made my day today. I bought the Fable record in september 1974 in a record shop in Haarlem The Netherlands, When I listend to the record I fell in love with this sublime music wich is as perfect as music can be. I took the record with me to visit a canadian girlfriend in Paris in october 1974.I lend her the record for her to listen to. She would return the record when we would meet again in may 1975. Unfortunatly her suitcase containing the record was stolen in Rome Italy so I never recieved the record.
    I have been looking for years for this record without succes. Untill today when I found your internetsite. You have no idea what this means to me. Thank you again for your download service.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made my day yesterday. I bought the same Fable record in october 1974 in a record shop in Haarlem the Netherlands. The same day I came out of the hospital where I had to stay for over six months due to a smashed up leg after I crashed my motorcycle into a Ford Mustang. When I listend to the record I more or less fell in love with the music. In april 1975 I went to Paris to visit a canadian girlfriend. I took the record with me for my girlfriend to listen to. She kept the record for a while while she promised to return the record to me when we would meet again. in July 1975. Unfortunatly het suitcase containing the record was stolen at the airport in Rome. So I never recieved the record back.
    I have been looking for this record for years without any succes. Untill yesterday when I found your Internetsite where I downloaded the record,. You have no idea what this means to me to. Thank you again for your kind download service. Regards Eddy Fikier

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is excellent! Thank you so much for these wonderful gems!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments about this blog